We all know that Shout! Factory is the #1 provider for classic horror movies, giving them the treatment you never thought were possible. Now, the studio has directed its eyes towards Sam Raimi’s Army of Darkness, bringing it to Blu-Ray Disc as a Collector’s Edition in October.
Back to do battle with the hideous “Deadites,” Bruce Campbell returns to the role of Ash, the handsome, shotgun-toting, chainsaw-armed department store clerk from S-Mart’s housewares division. Demonic forces time warp him – and his ’73 Oldsmobile – into England’s Dark Ages, where he romances a beauty (Embeth Davidtz) and faces legions of the undead. Can Ash save the living from the evil dead, rescue his girlfriend, and get back to his own time?
This Special 3-Disc Blu-ray Set features Four Versions of this outrageously hilarious third chapter of Evil Dead Trilogy, including the Theatrical Cut of the film, the Director’s Cut with 15 minutes of extra footage, the International Cut and the TV version in standard definition.
The release is also jam-packed with bonus materials, of course, including new interviews with star and co-producer Bruce Campbell and the cast, special make-up effect artists Howard Berger, Tony Gardner, Robert Kurtzman, and Greg Nicotero, audio commentary, alternate and deleted scenes and much more.
Here is a break-down of the release for you, by disc.
- Theatrical Version in 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1) with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0.
- NEW Medieval Times: The Making Of “Army Of Darkness” featuring interviews with star & co-producer Bruce Campbell, actors Marcus Gilbert, Ted Raimi, Timothy Quill, Richard Grove, Bill Moseley, Patricia Tallman and Angela Featherstone, director of photography Bill Pope, editor Bob Murawski, production designer Anthony Tremblay, composer Joseph Lo Duca, costume designer Ida Gearon, special make-up effects artists Howard Berger, Tony Gardner, Robert Kurtzman and Greg Nicotero, “Pit Bitch” performer and effects artist William Bryan, mechanical effects artist Gary Jones, first assistant director John Cameron, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and stunt coordinator Christopher Doyle (96 min.)
- Original Ending
- Original Opening With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Home Video Promo
- Director’s Cut in 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
- Audio Commentary with director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell and co-writer Ivan Raimi
- NEW Additional Behind-The-Scenes Footage From KNB Effects (55 min.)
- Vintage Creating The Deadites Featurette (21 min.)
- Vintage “Making Of” Featurette
- Extended Interview Clips with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert
- International Cut in 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
- NEW 4K Scan Of The International Inter-positive
- Television Version With Additional Footage (90 min., Standard Definition (1.33:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0)
- Theatrical Trailer
- NEW Still Galleries With Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos from production designer Anthony Tremblay, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and special make-up effects artists Tony Gardner and KNB EFX, Inc. (Over 200 Stills)
- NEW Still Gallery Of Props And Rare Photos from the collection of super fan Dennis Carter Jr.
- NEW Storyboards for Deleted or Alternate Scenes
- Vintage The Men Behind The Army Featurette (19 min.)
The “Army of Darkness Collector’s Edition” will be in stores on October 27 for $34.98.