As the company enters its second year of existence, Netflix.com just announced a few new promotions and incentives, introducing two week rentals and lower prices, effective immediately.
· TWO WEEK RENTALS – From now until May 31, all NetFlix.com rentals are effective for two full weeks. This guarantees all NetFlix.com
customers will have at least two weekends to catch up on their
favorite DVDs. In addition, NetFlix.com has lowered its extended
rental fees to $0.99 per week.
· LOWER PRICES – Every NetFlix.com rental is now only $3.49. And
with the “Flix Value Pak” volume purchase program, two week
rentals can now be purchased for as little as $2.99 each.
· FREE RENTALS – All new NetFlix.com customers receive the first
three rentals for free.
· MORE TITLES – NetFlix.com continues to boast having the world’s
largest selection of DVD movies, and has always carried virtually
every DVD available. NetFlix.com customers can now select from
more than 3,100 DVDs.
· FREE DVD RENTALS FOR A YEAR – Each week for the next six weeks
NetFlix.com will be giving away some of the hottest new home
theater equipment from a Panasonic Palm Theater to a Toshiba DVD
player and a new ReplayTV. The grand-prize winner will be awarded
a new Sony Flat Screen TV, a Sony 5-Disc DVD Carousel Changer
along with 100 free DVD rentals from NetFlix.com.
Since the company’s launch one year ago on April 14, 1998, NetFlix.com has continued to pioneer the burgeoning e-rental marketplace and simplified the process of renting DVDs. To rent a DVD over the Internet, customers choose from any of NetFlix.com’s 3,100 titles. All orders placed before 2 p.m. (PST) are shipped the same day and delivered to anywhere in the United States in two to three days. Customers keep their rentals for two weeks, then return their discs in the supplied pre-posted and pre-addressed return envelope.